Monday, April 27, 2015

Paducah Kentucky

  I just got back from a fun (and I do mean FUN) trip to the Paducah quilt show.
 I went with friends Sherri and  Angela of Quilts With a Heart
 Here we are on the bus to the Convention center.....excitement is building !
I won't show you all the quilts I took pictures of, which is hundreds, so I'll show you the ones that stick out in my mind.
 The feathers on this one are just magnificent.
 RICKY AND LUCY 
BERNINA of America, Inc. Best Home Machine Workmanship Award
 You cannot believe the thread workmanship on "Bike Boys" by Lea McComas, she is actually on The Quilt Show this week.
The Bride Wore Red by Kay Donges.  
  
 I was so spell bound by this one that I forgot to take a picture of who made it. 
 Look at those eyes !
Healing Waters by Hollis Chatelain.
another AMAZING eye 
This was spooky beautiful !
I took David Taylor's  lecture....He is so entertaining and so informative ! 
I enjoyed him immensely ! 

 David's "BENEATH MY WING" received a first place.

I got to meet Ricky Tims, a fellow Texas boy !
 AND go to his concert ! OMG, LOOOVed it !
He interacts with the audience and has so many funny stories to tell.
When he was playing...you could have heard a pin drop ! 
 And we went to an Eleanor Burns show....such a funny woman. 
The people in Paducah are so proud of their town and so friendly,
 I highly recommend attending ! 
Have a blessed week.

14 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great pictures. Love what you shared.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Wow! Amazing quilts!! And you got to meet Ricky Tims. Sounds like you had a great time!

Raewyn said...

Wonderful Vickie!! It sounds like you had a fantastic time!! I guess that was quite a trip from Texas? I've decided to try and get there next year!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

David Taylor was at one of my guilds last year. He's quite the quilter.

Carla said...

I didn't realize you and Eleanor were such chums..lol! And all those little shopping bags. You showed restraint, I reckon. I feel like such an amature after looking at those gorgeous quilts. WOW.
You must have had the best time on your trip......jealous!!!

Amy said...

It looks like a great time. Those quilts are absolutely amazing. I would love to go there some time.

KaHolly said...

No surprise you are drawn to the 'art quilts'. They are stunning. Those feathers are so well done, it looks like a macro photo! Glad you had such a good time! Will we be hearing and seeing more?

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Glad you had a fun time Vicki. Those are amazing quilts you saw. I met Ricky Tims years ago in Albuquerque when he came to the quilt guild and he sang there too. He's entertaining. I haven't been to Paducah Quilt Show or the big Houston show yet.

Brandy Pettit said...

It's one of my dreams to go there, I will continue to drop hints (or blatantly spell out) my desire to visit until it happens! Thank you for sharing Vickie!
~Brandy

Bonnie said...

I was lucky enough to have a friend who took me to the Paducah show 11 years ago. It still is one of the highlights of my life. Didn't know if it was inspiration or intimidation as I was just starting to quilt at the time. Loved every minute of it.

Phyllis said...

That looks like a fabulous time! I still dream of going there one day.

Carol said...

It looks like you had the best ever time looking at gorgeous quilts and meeting quilt celebrities. Lucky you!

the girlfriend gap said...

Makes me smile to think that you had such a wonderful time :) And I do see that you came home with some goodies :) I just can't imagine what it takes to create quilts like these. I told my husband the other day...."Wish I were smarter." Some people just blow me away with their talents.

Your sweet Sewing Sister in Christ,
Janita

Thearica said...

I am so glad you had a ton of fun! I went in 2008 and loved it!

I took classes in 2011 with Ricky, Alex and Libby here in NC and enjoyed an entire weekend with them. It was the best thing I had ever done! His concert is amazing!