Sunday, May 18, 2014

Fonzie

Welcome !
Spring '14 Blogger's Quilt Festival - AmysCreativeSide.com
If you've dropped in from the Blogger's Quilt Festival thank you so much for visiting! 
A super big Thank You to Amy for organizing such a great event and to all the sponsors who support the festival. 

Schedule of events :
May 16-23 – Linky’s Open & Nominate for Viewer’s Choice

May 24-29 – Vote for favorites in each of the categories 

May 30/31 – Winners announced



This is my first attempt at art quilting from a photo I took. I call it Fonzie #2
Measurements : 16 x 19 
Fabrics : Kona solids, and bound in rattail cord.
Category: Art Quilts

 My rooster, Fonzie (with the big comb, remember Happy Days ?), was my inspiration.

  
Here he is as a WIP before any thread work or quilting.

Fonzie and LaVerne DeFozio decided they better get a closer look at this new guy in the chicken yard.
Please click on the pictures so you can take a closer look too.

Chickens are such comical creatures.....
By the expression on her face....What do you suppose she's thinking ?

Thanks for stopping in and have a chick-a-licious day.

19 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

So cute! Chickens ARE funny, and some of them have very unique personalities as well!

Carol said...

Fonzie is beautiful! Love your art quilting...nice job!

Mdm Samm said...

Hey Fonzie...HEHHHHHH you both look pretty FONZabulous

M. E. Stephens said...

Wow! You did a great job on that! :-)

Brenda said...

Very close to the photo. Great thread work. On first glance, I'd never have guessed it was all solids.

Rachaeldaisy said...

I'm impressed at how accurately you captured Fonzie's portrait in this quilt, simply amazing! Brilliant photos too!! Chickens are hilarious aren't they, such funny characters.

Quilting Babcia said...

Your Fonzie is so beautifully rendered. Chickens can have great personalities can't they!

quilted fabric art said...

You aced it! Love, love :-)

Suze said...

Vickie, I came to you because I follow your blog. I love Fonzie. What timing. I took a class Saturday through my guild with Aniko Feher who makes amazing portrait quilts based on photos. It was a pattern making class. The president of our guild asked me to try to finish mine by January. Our incoming president is planning for our guild to display some of our quilts at a nursery (floral) in south Tulsa. She thought my portrait quilt will make a good entry for that. So, I have another goal. Maybe I'll have a finish sometime soon. You did another amazing job. WTG! Off to vote.

Carla said...

I love this one. Fonzie is a perfect art quilt! This is a great quilt for the show!

Amy said...

Of course, Fonzie #2 is just too cool! I always admire your thread painting.

Elena Shamgunova said...

So cute and colourful! Wonderful thread painting too:))

Teresa at thirdfloorquilts.com said...

Great job with the thread painting! Really well done.

quilthexle said...

WOW - you did a fantastic job with all that thread painting !

hula-la said...

This is AB FAB...ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! Aloha

CitricSugar said...

Wow - from photo to fabric, you nailed it! Great work.

Ольга Романив said...

Чудесный портрет!!!

Amanda Millar said...

You've done an excellent job! Your thread work really looks like feathers!

Carrie Wikander said...

i.Love.Chickens! Cute and I love the chickens checking it out! hope they didn't peck it!!!