Friday, December 20, 2013

January Sewing Begins

 This is Rooster Rhapsody, a mini Hole in the Chicken Wire that I made for one of my new friends I made blogging this year. I'm off to the post office with it as soon as I get this post written. 
It was the last of my Christmas sewing.
 And now on to January sewing. 
My Kona project began yesterday ....finally. It took me forever to make up my mind what I wanted to make. I'm going to try to get as much done as I can before my family arrives next Wednesday.
  Here's a little sneak peek...

 I received a nice surprise in the mail last week from Madame Samm, the cute pin cushion that's up there in the corner of the picture, I LOVE IT. 
The truth is, I've used a magnet pin cushion for years, but NOT ANYMORE ! I'm not sure what she filled it with, but I like how the pins feel when I push them in...plus they are easier to grab.  


I got my 5, 1/2 yard cuts of fabric in for the She Who Sews hop, which I have not started yet. I really like this fabric much more than I thought I would. 

 This one is my favorite. 


Now some ranchy pictures for your enjoyment. 

 This little heifer looks like she was posing for me....I think she's a very pretty little gal !

LaVerne DeFazio is a sort of Santa, she gives me the gift of an egg everyday !

I leave you this week with a More Stars in Comanche sunset. 

Be HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY and God bless you. 


13 comments:

Kath said...

ooh, everything so lovely.I adore the roosters, I'd love to make those for my hen keeping friend. I especially like the chicken wire fabric. You girls have such a fabulous selection of fabrics, much better than here in England. I always enjoy the ranch photos!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I love the fabrics in the She Who Sews line. I love the steampunk look of the images and they have such lovely colors and fun images. I can't wait to see what lovely project you come up with for the Kona solids. The colors I see are lovely.

withajoyfulheart said...

Love, love, love your rooster rug, and I'm surely glad I didn't take a sip of coffee just prior to seeing your pic of LaVerne; I'm still chuckling! Loving your ranch photos, and your sense of humor as always. xox Merry Christmas to you!

Doris Rice said...

I can't wait to see what you create with the Kona cotton. I am hoping to complete my project while I'm in MO. (hugs) and a Merry Merry Christmas and A Happy, Happy, Happy New Year!

Rachaeldaisy said...

I love your Rooster Rhapsody! Your'e really onto something with your rooster quilts!! Isn't it amazing how a special pincushion can be so lovely to use. I'm impressed you got your chicken to wear a santa hat. It's so cute!! I find it so hard to photograph my chickens, they always seem to turn their back to me just as I'm taking the photo, cheeky chickens.

Britt-Inger said...

Oh, Vickie your Rooster Rhapsody is so awesome. I am also working with the Kona blog hop and the fabric She who sews has also arrived to Sweden from a shop over there. I love the design, but I haven´t yet decided what to sew, there are so many possibilities to play with the fabric.
Have a very Merry Christmas and say hallo to the Swedish Santas from me
Hugs from Sweden

Lorna McMahon said...

What a smart looking table setting! Those roosters are sew handsome! Very nice gift for your new blogging buddy! Merry Christmas wishes to you and yours!

Carla said...

What beautiful roosters you have. Merry Christmas! Starting the new year with Kona is going to be a hoot!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love your Rooster Rhapsody. Sew cute! How in the world did you get Laverne to wear a Santa hat?

jan said...

Hi Vickie! I love your rooster Rhapsody. Lucky friend! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
xo jan

charlotte said...

Love your Roosters! I still use a magnetic pin cushion. I'm not sure I could change. And please tell me you also have a chicken named Shirley Feeny? I started my Kona project yesterday too.

Carol said...

Your friend is a lucky lady to get those beautiful roosters! Thanks for the raunchy pics. Merry Christmas to you and all those ranch critters!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I don't know who your new friend is Vickie but I know she's going to love this piece - those roosters are just amazing! I'm going to start my Kona project today too - like minds. :) Merry Christmas to you and yours! blessings, marlene