Saturday, June 8, 2013

Abilene Quilt Show

Butter & Marmalade won a 1st place ribbon at the Abilene Quilt Show ! I dropped it off last Wednesday and went back to get it today. I was so excited when I looked down the isle and spotted that ribbon on it that I did a happy dance, (yes, really I did), right in the  middle of the Civic Center ! 
    


And I got to talk with Lola Jenkins ! It was so cool because I had never heard of her before last week when I took a Craftsy class from her, and then low and behold....there she was ! Her quilts are amazing 
And DARN, I didn't think about taking a picture with her,  a missed opportunity.....! 


Have a good one and God bless you.


14 comments:

Nikita said...

Ohhh congratulations!!!!!! I live 15 minutes from the civic center in Abilene and have yet to make it in for the show.

Nancy said...

Congratulations!!! It's a gorgeous quilt and the blue ribbon was well-deserved.

Amy said...

Congrats! I would have done a happy dance too! It is a beautiful quilt!

Fran said...

Congratulations, it really is a lovely quilt

Carol said...

Congratulations and so well deserved! That quilt is just beautiful!

patchouli moon studio said...

Congratulations! It's a beautiful quilt.

Quilting Babcia said...

Congratulations on your win! And Lola's quilts look amazing - I'll be looking forward to seeing what you did in the class.

Ranch Wife said...

Congratulations! I'm doing a happy dance in your honor! That really is a gorgeous quilt!

Joyce Carter said...

Congratulations Vickie! This is such a beautiful quilt, you deserved to win first place. Don't blame you for doing the happy dance. I would have been jumping for joy, too. I am so happy for you.

Nancy M. said...

Your quilts are beatiful and this is one is no exception. Love it . Congratulations!

Madame Samm said...

Soooooo darn proud of you...you and marmalade will always be a sweet ensemble xxx

Doniene said...

Congratulations!!! So glad your absolutely gorgeous quilt caught attention!!

Blessings

Rachaeldaisy said...

Oh My Golly!!! Vickie- that is SOO exciting!! Not that I'm surprised, your Marmalade quilt is a prize winner for sure!! A super big congratulations!! Lola's work looks wonderful too, thanks for the link..

Lelia said...

Congrats on your award - and well deserved. What a stunning quilt!