Thursday, April 18, 2013

Quilted Butter & Marmalade

The Butter and  Marmalade quilt that I made for the Dare to Dresden blog hop back in January is quilted, bound, and ready to be entered in the Heart of Texas Quilt Show next week.


I wanted to share a few pictures I just took on this beautiful day, in the sun and wind. I hope you'll be able to see the amazing quilting Angela of Quilts With A Heart did on it. She has won numerous awards for her quilting and "sew" do the people who own those quilts.
 I hope that happens to me next week. 




 The backing and candy stripe binding are Moda Marmalade. 


Isn't Angela's quilting wonderful !

Did I mention that my Texas mug rug got most creative last Tuesday ? 
I was "sew" thrilled, I did a happy dance in the kitchen that morning !
I love you Mom
Have a great day and God bless You. 

13 comments:

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

PARABÉNS!!DEUS TE ABENÇOE!!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

LOVE that quilt! What a fun quilt! Enjoy some Underwoods BBQ for me while you enjoy the quilt show. I used to stop there on my way to/from my uncles in Bristol.

NotionNanny said...

Absolutely beautiful. I am doing a Dresden plate. I don't have one and it is my favourite quilt.

NotionNanny said...

I linked up to your blog today. Wanted everyone to see your beautiful quilt!

Joyce Carter said...

Hi Vickie. I thought this was beautiful during the Blog Hop. But now, it is beyond beautiful. It is gorgeous!! And the quilting--OH MY GOODNESS! If you don't get first prize, there is definitely something wrong with the judges' eyesite. I am wishing you all the luck there is!

Melissa said...

It is beautiful! Good luck in the show!

Mara said...

What a beautiful quilt have fun showing it off, it should be seen.

SIMPLESEW said...

I cant wait to learn this from my TX bloggy Buddy... I ordered my solid white...... Congrats and good luck, will we have time to go to your Quilt store? I will have to get your Quilters info too..

Cyndy said...

Oh my goodness, that quilt is absolutely gorgeous!!! I'm sure it will get first place. I recently stumbled upon your blog and I'm loving it! I'm from Comanche, so when I visit your blog, I feel like I'm visiting an old friend from my hometown. LOL Good luck at the quilt show.

M. E. Stephens said...

This is such a gorgeous, cheerful quilt! You did a good job and Angela's quilting is really nice. I hope you win with it too. :-)

I also like the candy stripe binding. Something about striped binding like that inspires me. I really want to try it sometime. :-)

Rachaeldaisy said...

I love visiting your blog, it always makes me smile! Your quilt is so wonderful, such pretty fabrics and the quilting suits it perfectly. Your photos are fabulous too, it looks great dancing in the wind.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Beautiful quilt and love the quilting. Great colors, so happy looking.

Ranch Wife said...

Oh, yum! What a beautiful quilt - that red with the yellow is really a pretty combination! I am drooling over those dresdens...and your green grass!