Sunday, April 28, 2013

Heart O' Texas Quilt Show 2013

 The show is over....WHEW ! What a lot of work ! I had "sew" much fun though. It was a wonderful chance to get to know my fellow guild members and a chance for them to get to know the mischievous side of me ! Fun or annoying ? That may still be on the table for some ! Hey, if your going to do something as hard as putting on a quilt show, you might as well make it fun....RIGHT ?
Let's start with the best of show...

 Beautiful quilt ! 
This lady gets 2 of those wonderful ribbons made by some very talented guild members !
The ribbons should have won a ribbon !

This is the donation quilt, "Stars Across the States" made by the  members.

First in this category also won the HPU Presidents award. 
HPU is Brownwood, TX  own Howard Payne University.

 Second in the same category.

 And third (me) with "Growing Up on the Ranch" in the same category.


This beautiful thing won first in applique.....

And my Butter and Marmalade got a second in the same category. Whoo Hoo !

Remember when I told you about this quilt getting peed on here by the Ranch Patrol ?
Well guess what ? A little p never hurts anything I guess !
It got first in the hand applique, hand quilted category ! 

This is our quilt show chair, Angela McCorkle of Quilts with a Heart who meets herself coming and going ! And with her our fabulous quilt show commentator ! He has a wonderful clear, deep voice and he's a pastor of a local church.  pssst.....I think he has a secret side job as a comedian.....hehe
Now, a few random pics....

 This is the guild president..Nancy, precious should be put in front of president for this lady!

This was the "Best of Show" last year..the quilt, not us...hehe
  
My bible study buddy won a second with this beauty ! Congrats Colleen !
More pics in the coming days.
Have a blessed day.

17 comments:

Lia*s Handmades said...

Congratulations on all the prizes, Vickie! Well done! :)

Doniene said...

Congrats lady!!! I love the best of show - that was Joy Early's right? She does such a fabulous job!!! Sorry I missed all the fun/work!! LOL Been busy here, but thought of you often!!

Blessings

InGa said...

What a wonderful quilt show you had. Congratulations on all the prizes you got. Some just beautiful work you made.
Must have been fun.:-)
regards Ingrid

Carol said...

Congratulations! Your quilts (and those others) are beautiful. :O)

Quilting Babcia said...

Congratulations on all those beautiful ribbons for some great quilts! A quilt is not a quilt until some animal manages to deposit fur or ..., hehe!

Joyce Carter said...

All I have to say is WOW!! and Congratulations!! Beautiful quilts. You deserve all the ribons that you won.

Rudy's Mom said...

Congratulations Vicki! Awesome work?

Rachaeldaisy said...

Hi There Prize Winner!!! Congratulations!! How exciting!! All the quilts look fabulous. It's fun to see your friends too, I bet you all had a great time!

Siobhán said...

Congratulations!!! Very well deserved. Your work is beautiful, and I loved seeing the other quilts, too.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Congratulations on all your wins. What beautiful quilts truly talented people in your guild.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Lots of ribbons for you! Congrats! Well deserved!

SIMPLESEW said...

Congrats to all but especially you.. I adore the quilts even more now. Love the photos too, you did a great job. I cant wait to meet cha and were going to have fun quilting.. were both mischievous. LOL, The group looks fun and warm. I have found an Arlington Guild I am excited about. xo, Your Texas Bloggy Buddy. I am gonna have to blog this too.

Dora, the Quilter said...

Love your Bread &Marmalade quilt.
Such really wonderful quilts -- their beauty is so much more approachable than that of the Big Shows. Wish I could have been there to see them in person--so I really love the photos.

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Feel like I've just been to a wonderful quilt show and didn't even leave home. Congrats on the ribbons!! Thanks for posting all the eye candy.

Scrapatches said...

Fabulous Quilts! Congratulations on your well deserved awards! Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

SIMPLESEW said...

GOODMORNING TEXAS BLOGGY BUDDY.. CYA NEXT WEEK???????

Ranch Wife said...

Sure wish I had been there! Congratulations on your pretty quilts! Guess you ought to let the ranch patrol christen all your quilts!