Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy Day !


Happy New Year ! 



OK, now a bit about quilting.
 As you may have read in one of my earlier posts, I won this book from Rachaeldaisy,
(if you don't have this book---get one, you'll LOVE it !)

This is my first attempt at making fabric. While I was sewing, I felt like I was "wasting" fabric, mind you these were tiny scraps that would probably sit in a plastic bin so long they would  rot.
 I would be sewing along, and  a bit of a happiness would overtake me ......., (you know what I mean.... right :-o ) , then I would suppress that feeling because "I was wasting it". 
When I finished, guess what I had left over ? Slivers, tiny slivers ! 
 I have a new love ! 
You must try this, it's sewing FREEDOM !


 Side Note : My sister had surgery last night, for complications with kidney stones. If you'll indulge me for a moment, (she reads my blog).

I love you Bonnie and I'm and praying for you to feel better quickly.

8 comments:

Nancy M. said...

I thought loving your child was the ultimate until the grandchildren came along. No word describes that love. Obviously, that little baby has that same kind of love for you. Beautiful isn't it?

Vickie said...

Yes Nancy, nothing in the world like those precious little ones !

M. E. Stephens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M. E. Stephens said...

Your granddaughter is adorable! My mom's birthday is Jan. 1st also. :-)

That quilt book looks really neat. I'm going to have to think about getting it. I like the red blocks. :-) I like freedom in my quilting projects. I've done both improvising (especially with modern styles of quilting) and I've done some modern methods for traditional piecing. I've done some traditional method project too. I find the flexible methods the most rewarding I think. :-)

Vickie said...

I have a long way to go to get to where you are M.E., I'm stepping out of the box slowly...LOL

Nathalie said...

great job on your fabric making. It's so much fun! Welcome to the Play.

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

PARAB√ČNS!!!!!FELIZ ANO NOVO!FELIZ ANO TODO!

Vickie said...

Thank you Tubilinha !