Saturday, October 28, 2017

The End of October

Isn't this the cutest quilt ever !
 It's called "Smitten Kitten" and I just purchased the PDF pattern from  Sew Fresh Quilts
My 6 year old granddaughter is kitty cat crazy and loves Grammie's quilts. So here's hoping Grammie gets it done in time for Christmas or for her birthday January 1st.


 Congratulations to Me !
 I wanted to get this "Farmers Wife" finished this year... I started it 3-4 years ago and I was so tired of that thing starring at me every time I opened the closet door in my sewing room !
Does that ever happen to you ? 
I never did liked the fabrics I chose or the tiny pieces in the blocks.

(I ALWAYS fall for those BOM's with little bitty blocks ! WHY ??!!! ) 

My blocks were, well, lets just say- not all the same size. 
The traditional setting wasn't an option because of that.
My friend Sherri suggested setting them on point, this way I could trim them all down to the same size.  OK great idea !
Then I decided to add corner pieces to get a secondary design 
and WA-LA, it looks great and it's done,  El-complet-O, no more, nadda, finished !

The reason I was able to finish the FW is because I took it to
 Quilts With A Heart Retreat Center for the weekend. It was the only thing I took with me so.... I HAD to work on it. Do ya'll ever trick yourselves like that ?

The next week after my stay at the retreat, we held our Brownwood Quilters' Guild meeting at Quilts With A Heart Retreat Center so the guild members could tour the new facility.

Look who came for a visit.... Doniene !


Until next time,
God Bless You !