Saturday, November 21, 2015

Sharing the Love

I recently had the opportunity to teach  members of the Brownwood Quilters' Guild
 how to make a small collage wall hanging.
Sharing and showing others what I love to do was such a blessing to me. 

I first tried collage quilting because of Leslie, who blogs at Marveles Art Studio's 
The deer was my first collage....a kit I bought from Fiberworks

 The first hour or so was spent just cutting out flowers, which was perfect for visiting and catching up with one another.
 A sweet-heart was the goal of the day. 

 I expect this young lady to be a famous quilter some day.
She is new to quilting and self taught.
 This lady is happy that she has more time to quilt 
since retiring from the public school system.
 This is a very traditional quilter who has jumped in to art quilts without reservation !
  The blue colors on this heart are very pleasing to the eyes.
Quilts with a Heart owner has done collage quilting before, 
but she took the class anyway because she's a great friend! 

Thanks for stopping by and may God bless you. 





12 comments:

Carla said...

You, my friend are an amazing teacher. Your class made beautiful hearts. Sharing your passion is a lovely thing and you rocked it.

Carla said...

You, my friend are an amazing teacher. Your class made beautiful hearts. Sharing your passion is a lovely thing and you rocked it.

KaHolly said...

Looks like too much fun, Vickie! Everyone did a lovely job.

Jeanie said...

These are all so cute and so personal to each creator. I'm sure you brought the best out of them!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I think you did a wonderful job of teaching these beautiful ladies. Each piece is so different.

Ranch Wife said...

If I were closer, I'd be an eager student! What fun to learn something new and to be taught by such a talented lady. All of the gals' hearts are wonderful. Mine would probably have hay, barn wood, leather, burlap, and a touch of wildflowers.

Carol said...

Those are beautiful! Maybe you need to travel to my side of the country to teach that class. I'd love it! :O)

Amy said...

I'm with Carol, you are welcome to come this way. I wish I lived closer. It looks like a fun group. There minis are just gorgeous!!

jill said...

First time here so I went through a few posts. You are an amazing quilter,
Vickie. Your students are blessed to have you as a teacher.
blessings, jill

allthingzsewn said...

What about a class on youtube, something basic to get us started. Sound like a lot of people would like it. These are gorgeous.

Shari said...

What wonderful works everyone did...I so love your deer!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Each and every one of those hearts are so beautiful. Good on you for teaching a class!