Thursday, March 12, 2015

FWFS Mug Rug Swap


Back in February, Fort Worth Fabric Studio announced sign ups for a mug rug swap and I jumped in feet first !  Miss Lindsey assigned us our swap partners.
 I was assign to make a mug rug for Trina in Winnipeg, Manitoba. 
Last I checked Trina, yours is still at customs on the Canadian border.
 I do hope they release it soon and send it on to you. 
Unfortunately, you never know how long it will take to send a package international.
However, I did get mine, from Georgia....from Alyson. She made me a "hexie" mug rug !
 I have never made a hexie anything that I can recall. 
 I am so appreciative of it my dear :)   (big smile) 
 Not only did Alyson send me a happy hexie mug rug, she sent me some 30's Playtime Moda Candies( I can make another mug rug!), some red rick rack (red is my favorite color), and a beautiful fat quarter that is going to come in "sew"   handy in my new quilting endeavor !

Thank you Alyson for your talent, time and thought that went into my lovely gifts !
Thank you for the time and work you put into this swap Lindsey !
I hope it's looking like SPRING where you live.... It's a time for the beautiful new beginning of the art palette God has given us.......be blessed by it !


9 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Lovely gifts and I think that fat quarter is fabulous.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Cute mug rug and sweet gift! blessings, marlene

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

This was a fun mug rug swap wasn't it? Did you take a photo of the mug rug that you made Vickie...the one stuck in customs? I would love to see it as I am sure your readers and the the others in the swap would like to see it too.

Joyce Carter said...

The mug rug is very pretty and looks just like Spring. It has been feeling so much like Spring here where I live. I hope this weather is here to stay.

Jeanie said...

Darling mug rug and sweet goodies! I've yet to work with hexies and this would be a perfect project to start with. Enjoy your cute mug rug!

KaHolly said...

Ooh, lucky you! I love hexies!

Marianne said...

Wow! I love your hexie mug rug. I've never made anything hexie-wise either. I see you've put it to good use!

the girlfriend gap said...

Happiness in the mail is the best happiness! Enjoy your sweet little treasures. Looks like spring to me! I have been switching over from Winter to Spring today on the home front . It is a delightful breath of fresh air. And my tulips are peeking up from the ground. So excited about that as I planted a lot of bulbs last year but I don't know exactly what I planted so It is going to be a great surprise ! It could also be a great landscaping disaster. Hoping God was with me as I chose which bulbs to put where :) I got the bulbs from a town that has a tulip festival each year. They discard the old bulbs and plant new bulbs every fall. The old bulbs are free for the taking. I thought I had them separated into two piles and then my husband decided to clean the garage :) so that explains the big surprise !!!

Enjoy every good and perfect gift :)
Your sweet Sewing Sister in Christ,
Janita

Carla said...

How did I get so behind? How lovely to receive such a pretty mug rug.