Friday, December 12, 2014

TA-DONE !

 I said in yesterdays post that I was going to get clues 1 & 2 FINISHED or BUST.
Well hallelujah, I don't have to BUST ! I finished about 6:30 last evening. 
Bonnie posts the clues every Friday morning. All I have to do is wait a few more hours for clue #3.
I made my double diamond units doing Bonnie's **Alternate Method** (The no triangle method).
Doing it that way, you get bonus triangles...I think I have right around 400 of those little beauties, that's what's in the bowl. 


I placed an order from Superior Thread a few months ago and I ordered this by accident. When my order arrived I was really disappointed. But, I decided to keep it and try it.
 What a delightful surprise ! This thread actually disappears into the fabric, which helps your seams to lay flatter. With all the seams that are in the Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt, a person needs a  fine thread.
Give it a try....it's wonderful !




9 comments:

cucki said...

So beautiful x

Phyllis said...

Well done! Just a few more hours now...

Thearica said...

Don't you love it when something "wrong" goes right. I love Superior threads... :)

Great job on the finish!

Josie McRazie said...

Yay! I knew you could do it! And this week is a pretty quick finish!! I'm a bit more than half done!!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Isn't it great how things work out as it did with that thread. It looks as though you are really getting into the mystery quilt!

Teresa Duryea Wong said...

Thats a lot of little blocks! Good for you! Now you can relax... haha

Carol said...

So many cute blocks! I love almost everything Superior Thread...glad your mistake worked out!

Carla said...

I wanted to join in the Grand Illusion, but wellllll you know. I've barely had time to stitch obligations let alone something I want to stitch. Ugh. Love your fabrics. I really like your blocks in the last post. I wish I could jump in with the women of the bible quilt blocks. I would love to know more... Great work, my friend.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I love your fabrics you are using and how it is all turning out. Superior threads huh? I know I do love the other manufacturer "a" for piecing.