Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A Little Finish

I was so happy...I got a chance to sew last Sunday ! 
 I was able to finish a little baby quilt that had been hanging in my quilt closet
 as a flimsy for quite some time.
I think Doris presented the block for our monthly BOM  at our quilt guild in August 2013.
 It's been hanging in the closet about that long.
It's backed with warm cozy lime camo flannel . 
Take a look at the binding...I dug around until I finally had enough left overs to make a srappy binding. When I finished it, I began looking for fabric to bind another quilt...
Look what  I found ! 
I usually always make the bindings after I finish piecing a quilt.
I just forget to look for them when I'm done quilting !

Today I'm linking up with

Have a happy bright day ! 
God bless you.

9 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Pretty quilt. Love the fabric on the back of the quilt.

Kath said...

LOL that is just like me. In fact today I found 2 birthday presents which were meant to be given in June (yes I bought another present!).
I love what you made and of course, the binding is perfect :-D

Carla said...

Now you have binding for your next quilt. You crack me up. I think this is such a sweet quilt and I really like the scrappy binding. Congrats on the finish. The cozy flannel on the back will certainly make the new owner a happy napper. Fantastic photos, too!!!!

Carol said...

Adorable quilt! I usually make the binding when I'm done with the quilt top, too, but sometimes I misplace it and find it AFTER I make more binding.

Pam@SewingWilde said...

Adorable quilt, I wish I had binding ready to go

Raewyn said...

Gorgeous - a perfect baby quilt Vickie. I can be a bit like that with my bindings too - sometimes I'm too organised for my own good!

Thearica said...

Perfect quilt for any bundle of joy. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am home with my girls and grandkids.. and having a wonderful time!

Lorna McMahon said...

What an adorable finish! Love the prints you used for this Bento. Turned out fabulous!

KaHolly said...

Sweet finish!! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who tries to stay on top of things and then forgets I did!!