Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Test-a-little-lating Stars

What does test-a-little-lating stars mean?
 It means I was late getting the testing/sewing done on my friend Amy's quilt pattern....
I did the test-a-little-late !
Amy @ Sew Incredibly Crazy wrote her first quilt pattern, 
and I was one of the lucky ones she chose to be a pattern tester.

 This is the first quilt I made, YES, I made two !  And...I don't like to make 2 of the same anything ! 
But, Amy's Watkins Star goes together so fast....I cut this out and sewed it up in ONE evening. 
So, my question to myself is, "why did I wait so long before I made it" ?
The instructions are clear and precise and the pictures by themselves almost tell you how to sew it together.   
 I think this will be my go-to pattern....you know I love stars anyhow ! 
My quilt guild makes quilts and receiving blankets for a community service project called, Wee Care.  
The quilts are sent to the hospital and distributed to children in need...... 
this would be a great quilt pattern to make for that and for gift giving.

Here is a little peek of the second one I made.
 I think I will wait to reveal it in September during the "See You in September" blog hop. 
I want to add some borders to it and I have to buy more of the background fabric to complete that part.
Thank you for letting me make your pattern Amy...you are an incredible STAR !

Have a great day and God bless you.
 A great place to linkup -  is with my friend Lorna @ Sew Fresh Quilts, Let's Bee Social  !

14 comments:

Mdm Samm said...

by far my favourite favourite.....love red and yellows...great pics

Scrapatches said...

Beautiful test-a--little-late. I love Amy's pattern. Looking forward to the one that September brings ... :) Pat

Jeanie said...

Really cute! Can't wait to see the Rodeo Queen!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

ROFL I love that test a little late. The colors are wonderful, and I can sew relate when I did a pattern test recently I procrastinated but I did manage to finish the top, quilt and bind it by the deadline, but I was a little crazy getting it done. Sweet Rodeo queen panel.

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a great pattern! I love those big bold stars, it looks wonderful in the reds you've used, and I'm looking forward to seeing the cowgirl version!

Amy said...

Ahh, you made me blush, my sweet friend. :) I am in love with the red and yellow. It just makes me smile.

Lorna McMahon said...

Better late than never, Vickie! Your combination of red and yellow is beautiful in this pattern. Stars do look SEW good on you!

Maryse said...

Beautiful stars! I just love the way a quilt top looks on a clothes line...:)

Vicki in MN said...

Nice job on the testing of the star quilt! I too love stars and there are tons of them out there!

Mary Pat Callihan said...

I agree, this is a super quilt to make! Can't wait to see the September edition!

Carol said...

I need to make this now (not that I'm competitive or anything!) Love the colors in it and can't wait to see the rodeo queen one.

Carla said...

Love those stars. Amy has made a great pattern and you have made it so sweet with your magic.

KaHolly said...

Am crazy for stars and love your quilt!

StitchinByTheLake said...

So cute Vickie - the pattern and the fabrics both! blessings, marlene