Friday, July 12, 2013

One Week in my Life

Although I don't live in town I still have pesky neighbors !
Let's take a look at the ones who make me want to chew nails.
Armadillos ! 
NASTY, HORRIBLE, UGLY, DESTRUCTIVE critters, who are destroying my yard ! They have several hundred acres to dig up and they want to do it right here ! @#$%)^&!
One has been visiting about every 2 or 3 nights for a week !
 I get up all hours of the night and shine the spotlight with no results. Evidently it watches for me, tonight, 
 I'm gunning for it every hour !  

This is just a taste of what one did last night.

Grasshoppers !
 
They eat anything green...my garden, my flowers, leaves on the trees

they even eat the bark off the trees !  We spray and spray, but there are always more ! I get me some revenge though....I catch um and throw um in the chicken pen and then belly roll laugh at the chickens chasing them ! I'll have to post a video of that sometime....hilarious !

Yellow-jackets !
I am very allergic to these mean things. Not sure why the yellow-jackets are swarming the black-eyed peas by the thousands this year....that's NEVER happened before ! My daughter in law said she would come help me pick the peas the other evening, they don't bother her. So the plan was...she would pick the insides of the rows and I would pick the outside. OK sounds like a good plan.  
Here you can see we have Ranch Man's help....enjoying his Rocky Mountain water after a long days work, telling us where he see's the ones that are ready. 


 Yes it happened....I got stung on the finger ! So I went to the house, took a Benadryl, scraped the stinger off, mixed up a flour and water paste and and wraped my finger up in it (flour and water draws the poison out) got my camera so you could see who took my place hehe...then it was nighty night for me.
 Benadryl puts my lights out pretty fast. As of today my fat finger is almost back to normal. I didn't show it to you because it was just to....not lovely to look at.! 

SNAKES !
No picture, I would have to faint, then be revived, to tell you about it.
Two nights ago, Ranch Man woke me at 2:30 a.m., "WAKE UP, I NEED YOU TO COME  HOLD THE LIGHT", why? I said, "THERE'S A HUGE CHICKEN SNAKE ON TOP OF THE DOG HOUSE" ! So with loaded shot gun and spotlight in hand, we go traipsing out there, me in my shorty pj's, he in his fruit of the looms. Now our dog house is an 8' tall covered kennel, the chicken coop is right next to it and there is low hanging tree limbs covering all ! Are you getting the picture ?  RM climbed up to see if he could see it....not there....IT MUST BE UP IN THE TREE WE"RE STANDING UNDER !
 But we couldn't find it ! 
He said the dogs woke him up barking like crazy,  he went out to see what it was and there was the biggest chicken snake he had ever seen and it had my poor Ranch Patrol cornered ! RM said he hit it with a shovel a couple of times as it was crawling up the side of the dog pen. It's not been back...whew ! 

COYOTES !
That's why I have to pen the Ranch Patrol at night. That's another story for another time !
BUT...
There are some bright things in my life !

Comanche Stars ! 
  
 I got it back from my favorite long-arm quilter Angela McCorkle from Quilts with a Heart

 I hope  you can see the wonderful quilting on it. (She's "sew"good)!


 This may be my second favorite quilt...it comes in second right after Butter & Marmalade !
 Comanche Stars is going to be my cozy TV quilt... 
How was your week ?
I hope you have a really GOOD one, God bless you.