Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Down @ the Barn



Look ! I'm so proud of my ironing board ! Ranch Man and son did the sawing for me. 
Thank you to my two favorite men in the  whole world.
 I used Christine's tutorial over at Quilt Monster in my Closet 
As soon as I get through showing you all my stuff, I'm gonna go sew, "sew" I can use it !



 
This morning while RM was gone, I got the old wood ladder out of the barn and took it apart and gave it a good cleaning. I started back up to the house and thought "I better go put the rest of it up before I get in trouble!" RM came in and  saw the ladder with quilts on it.......
RM......."Where'd you get that ? " 
Me...... "Down at the barn".
 RM...... "That looks good, I like it. Where's the rest of it ?" 
Me......."Down at the barn, You didn't need it did you ? ".




 I finished the quilting on the wonky log cabin baby quilt. 

  I wondered how this very modern baby quilt would look on  John Deere green.


The owl and the coon tracks in our dried up tank/pond. 
The owls in the fabric look frightened.
Yes, I have something better to do than take strange pictures.
Have a good day and God bless you.
p.s. I'll have Mr Random number picker choose  the winner of of my Nancy Drew giveaway Thursday night.


6 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Your photo settings are great, and yes, the John Deere is the perfect backdrop for that particular quilt! Show me an interesting picture any day. Love that ladder BTW!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute ladder, and always enjoy the pictures you take.

Nancy said...

That's a great ironing board and I love your ladder. If there's another part and it's like the one in the photo, that means you could have two ladders with quilts on them in two different places in your home, right? Those little cowboys are adorable! Thanks for sharing your photos.

Rachaeldaisy said...

I love you BIG ironing board, and your authentic barn quilt ladder!!! I've been wanting a ladder for my quilts, they look so pretty hanging like that. You take the best quilt photos!I love the tractor photos! You really get a lot of gorgeous quilts made and finished!

M. E. Stephens said...

Nice ironing board, and good use of the ladder. How nice to have one of your own you could use - with a little elbow grease. ;-) Now, our ladder would look quite silly in the house - yellow fiberglass an all. lol

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Thanks so much for sharing your big board and the tutorial... I definitely want one of those! I love the quilting bearing ladder too! I don't have much wall space in our main living area so that would be perfect. Happy Weekend~