Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Sewing

We haven't had our family Christmas yet, because Ranchman had the terrible, awful, really bad flue ! We didn't want anyone else to catch it, so we put things off until Sunday. Nope...I didn't get it... I bleached and sterilized everything and slept in another bedroom so I wouldn't breath any of his air. 
He's much better today....Thank goodness ! 
I thought I was completely ready for Christmas, but this morning I realized I had a problem !
I didn't have a gift for my DIL's younger sister. She house sits for us and takes care of "The Ranch Patrol" when we go out of town, plus she's an all round good girl who needs a good gift. I pieced this quilt to give her when she graduates college. Since it was already pieced and hanging in the closet, I decided to go ahead.... finish it, and give it to her for Christmas.  
The pattern is Boxy Stars that I found on Quiltville's free patterns. 
Within a couple of hours I quilted and bound it...put a label on it ....problem solved !
 I've worked on a few more Women of the Bible blocks.
This one is called "Eve".
" Rachel"  
The fabric is my favorite of all time...Jelly Bean by Edyta Sitar.
The Grand Illusion Mystery quilt clue 5 came out his morning. It was fast and easy.
 These are all of mine so far. I wasn't going for scrappy in the beginning, but sometimes your just forced to if you don't want to buy more fabric. The only constants are the orange,which I subbed for Bonnie's pink, and the yellow. 
I was concerned about my fabric choices at first, but not now. I really like how it's looking.
Do you like how yours looks so far? 
I would like to wish each of you a Happy, Healthy and Wonderful New Year full of blessings.
God bless you.