Thursday, February 18, 2016

Design Whoa

This little feller is an image I found on Pinterest 
I thought it would be fun to try to recreate it with colored pencils and quilting. 
 I did, but now what do I do with the image. I cut it out like the Pinterest card.
 Wrong thing to do....what was I thinking ??
I'll finish the edges somehow and make it a card I guess. The main goal was to have fun and I did.
His little chaps turn out especially good...I used Aurifil variegated gray thread, which I love. I think they look just like the woolly chaps in the 1930's western movies ! 
Here's my whoa. I'm at a stand still with my heifer "Tiger Lily" that I've shown before  Here and Here
One of these days I hope to go in my sewing room and the creative juices will flow like a river, like what happened with this Saint Bernard. 
It stayed on my design wall for many months, then one day I went in there and almost finished it that day.

May God bless you with health, happiness and a passion for him. 
Happy Trails to You !
  

7 comments:

Ramona said...

Oh my goodness, that little Buckaroo is so cute! He deserves to be framed in a little boys bedroom. I wouldn't know where to start on a project like that. Would love to see how you went about creating this little guy.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Creative mojo comes and goes, but then I see from your posts you've had lots of other things keeping you busy so no wonder you haven't had a much time for sewing.

cucki said...

Aww super sweet pieces
I love it x

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your little cowboy is so cute. Love the chaps. I hate it when you kind of hit a funk, but it will pass. You have plenty to keep you busy though, that sweet puppy, and the garden.

Carol S. said...

That little cowboy is so dang cute! Love the Saint Bernard! I've had a lot of that creative thinking funk going on, but I'm like you when it suddenly hits me with an idea. You'll get hit with an idea one day, too, I'm sure!

Carla said...

Even on your worst creative days, you inspire me. Mojo is a come and go thing, but everything you touch - just sparkles. Your little cow poke is super cute.

the girlfriend gap said...

Not sure how you did that but he is cute as can be. How big is it? Pillow size? I have many a neglected project crying in my sewing room. Life is not a straight road there are many things calling my name daily. Taking care of grand children this week. That means zippo sewing for me. If you could send a prayer to the heavenly throne room for my little grand daughter, Vivian, 1 month old we would be so blessed. She was admitted to the hospital yesterday with RSV. She is very congested with low oxygen levels. Seeking help from the Father today to carry us safely through this sickness.

Blessings to you today. Spring is on the way here!

Your sweet Sewing Sister in Christ,
Janita