Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Flowers and Peas

  I recently finish an on line Craftsy Class with Wendy Butler Berns, Art Quilting 101,
 this is my version of the class project , the cone flower, using freezer paper applique method. 
This is a fast, fun wall hanging.....I'm thinking...
 these might make some nice Christmas gifts for this year. 

That fellow up there is, as you know, my #1 Ranch Foreman and personal body guard.
 He and I picked 2 rows of black-eyed peas this morning....3 rows to go...
but we're waiting for it to cool back down this evening.
 I'm panting just like him !
Have a great Tuesday, God bless you. 

10 comments:

Deborah Hamilton said...

Your quilt is very pretty. Is it a cone flower? The peas look delicious. I love fresh garden peas. YUM!

Doniene said...

The quilt is beautiful!! Love the Lavender ? in the garden!! Your garden has done much better than mine this year!! Bravo!!

Blessings

Lia*s Handmades said...

What a beautiful quilt! The colours and textures look great :)

KaHolly said...

Great job!! I just love it! I've yet to take a Craftsy class. Maybe this winter when things slow down a little. Am envious of your homegrown peas, but not of the work involved!!

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a beautiful quilt of a cone flower! As always you've picked the best backdrop for your photo, the lines in the walls echo the curves in your quilt. That's a lot of peas! There's nothing like eating things from your own garden!

patchouli moon studio said...

Vickie I love your coneflower! Those are one of my favorite flowers and I have made several coneflower quilts too.
Those peas look yummy. I wish it was cool enough to grow them here. When I lived in WA state we grew snow peas, sugar snaps, and shelling peas. I miss having those fresh peas. I would eat them raw most of the time. Does your dog eat them? When we grew them and had a golden retriever, she would eat everything from the garden.

Madame Samm said...

Ohhh my i just love your cornflower dynamite...lol
And those green beans guarded welll downright priceless

Madame Samm said...

Ohhh my i just love your cornflower dynamite...lol
And those green beans guarded welll downright priceless

InGa said...

I think your Craftsy class turned out quite well.... hehe. The flower looks beautiful! And the beans are guarded, no enemy in sight!
Congratulation to the price you won on Britt-Inger blog.

SIMPLESEW said...

wow