Monday, August 26, 2013

Quilt Retreat

What a good time I had this past weekend at my first quilt retreat !
 I was in the beautiful Texas Hill Country at a beautiful ranch owned by a wonderful, fun woman who celebrates women's creativity by opening her home to quilters ! 


The Double Pinwheel by Eleanor Burns is the quilt Angela kitted up for us to work on. It went together like a dream! I finished all the pinwheels, assembled the center part and got all the borders cut.  I wish I had gotten a better close up, but I was just having too much fun to think about it ! 
You can see the whole quilt in the photo below.

Look at this wonderful space for us to sew in! 

 
Heads down....SEW ! me on the left.

 This is my friend Angela of Quilts With a Heart in Priddy, TX. 
This is a woman who loves what she does for a living and she's super talented at it ! 
She puts this retreat on every year.   

Fabric + Good food + New friends = FUN !

We had a little visitor---
The Texas hill country needs rain like the rest of us, the tanks and creeks are dried up. 
This little guy knows where to find water, he's pretty smart don't you think ?
He balanced himself with his tail and huge cajonies !

I got this 2014 calendar for the giveaway mentioned in my previous post. It has 12 specially selected designs from Amy Ellis and Kim Brackett, Audrie Bidwell, Cheryl Brown, Darra Williamsom, Jill Finley, Jolene Klassen, Julie Herman, Kim Diehl, Rebecca Silbaugh, Sally Schneider and Sue Pfau . 
You still have time to enter here.
Have a great day and God bless you.
Update
I just finished it 5:18 pm today !