Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Saying Googbye and New Beginnings

Hey Ya'll !
Lots of things have happened here at More Stars in Comanche. 

Smokey Joe the Night Patrol passed away last fall. We think he followed me and the other "Ranch Patrol" members one day on our morning walk and probably took a short cut through the trees and under-brush. He was probably bitten by a copper head snake. I found him laying in the road late the same evening. He is very missed and there are no plans to to find a replacement for him, as no cat could ever fill his place on this ranch. I don't miss the rats from the barn on my doorstep or the rabbits and birds he would bring us to show his appreciation, but I sure miss him. Smokey Joe was 12 + years old. 


Something New from Something Old
 We didn't have a garden last year, but we certainly are this year! Bermuda grass began taking my garden over several years ago. I fought it hard by hoeing and pulling and tilling until I lost that battle. Ranchman wanted to put roundup on it.....no way was I going to let that happen. So this year it's raised beds. We had enough old leaking water troughs  around the places where we have cattle to get a good start on the raised beds.
 Ranchman got his blow torch after the bottoms of them for better drainage....
He gave one of them a blessing ! I love that guy!   
 So this is the new beginning in the garden. Here in Texas
black-eyed peas and okra are must haves....they will have to go in the ground where the bermuda isn't so thick. It's my intention to show you pictures of the garden progress. 
 The "Ranch Patrol" had their 2nd and final litter of pups the Saturday after Thanksgiving....
6 little angels this time ! We decided to keep one....
Here she is, Baby Bella Buttons, our other "new beginning". 
I know! You can hardly contain yourself because of cuteness overload looking at you with those expressive precious eyes!
She will be part of the Ranch Patrol, so she'll be getting an official "Ranch Patrol" title.

Until next time my friends... May God bless you beyond measure with health, happiness, and a passion for Him.