Wednesday, September 24, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

I've been pretty blog quiet  lately, so/sew I thought I would let you know what's up !
I've been sewing along, humming a song with my friend Janome.

It and I have been making things for a bazaar to be held the first part of October, to help raise money for the nursing home in DeLeon, TX.  I made a child's quilt, some eye glass cases, a jewelry pouch, and some iphone cases. But, I didn't get one single picture of that stuff before I had to deliver it ! 
I've also been working on things for my quilt guild.
 Each month we have drawings for homemade things the guild members make. 
 I've made several table runners for that purpose.
 For October I made one with left over Jo Morton fabrics and pot holders to match.
Notice the quilting? These kind of things give me the perfect opportunity to practice quilting with the walking foot. I'll be giving a demonstration on ways to use your walking foot to quilt your own quilts for the guild's February program.  I hated my walking foot ....UNTIL....I took 
 Creative Quilting with your Walking Foot by Jacquie Gering on Craftsy.
I learned A-LOT in that class. Now I really like my walking foot.
I've also been making pin cushions. 
Five more are cut out and 2 have already been given away.
I got this one from a friend a while back and it's my favorite for daily use,
 You can tell it is well LOVED !
I got to thinking... If I love mine so much, why wouldn't other people love to have one too !
Aren't these cute ! I'm waiting on the feather trim to get here from Oregon.
The pattern I'm using can be found HERE in Madame Samm's tutorial page.
My other finished is this baby shower quilt. 
The people who came to the shower signed a star. I appliqued them on, backed it with cowhide minky and  quilted a rope design on it. 
Sew/so, that's some of what's up with me....What's up with you ?
Check out the Rush Hour hop...schedule can be found at Just let Me Quilt
I also started a new 365 day picture blog..."Stars of Comanche", 

Have a great day and God bless you.