Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Highlights

I am one busy gal these days...trying to get some sewing finished and my garden is producing like crazy. I shelled black-eyed peas last night until 11:30. I like to pick them one day and shell them the next, that way they are easier to shell. BUT, if I wait any longer than a day, they get mushy...so I had to get it done. 1 gallon shelled and ready to can. 
  
So, today I'm going to skim the highlights of my South Dakota trip. 

We go right through the middle of Kansas on our way up, so I stopped to meet the nicest person in Kansas, 

Carla of Creatin in the Sticks !
Oh my gosh , the second we laid eyes on each other we started giggling and didn't stop until Ranchman and I drove away ! We got to Garden City much earlier than we thought we would and Carla still had 3 hours before she got off work, so sadly we only got to visit for 20 or 30 minutes. 
You know how when you meet someone and you just click...we did ! She is so sweet and so pretty !
We decided we would drive on to McCook, Nebraska and stay there for the night....WRONG !
They had a golf tournament going on in that town and there was not a motel to be found, so we drove on to North Platte, NE. That made for a 14 hour day of driving.......UGH !
 But the up side to that was it was only 6 hours from our destination !

I was SO happy to see the birthday girl !

I took some of my quilts to show my Mama. She sees pictures of them, but that's nothing like actually seeing and touching them. Here, I'm explaining something about the Butter & Marmalade quilt to her....
She says uh a lot, like she can't hear....but she didn't say uh one time while we were talking about the quilts! 
She was totally captivated with the process.   
Of course my Mother is proud of me....after all, I'm her baby girl !
There's way more to tell about the trip....but I must get on out to the garden before it heats up any more !
Have a very blessed day. 
By Carla