Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Almost Quilt Show Ready

Come join us for the 2014 Heart of Texas Quilt Show April 25-26 at the Brownwood Coliseum
I'm almost ready for the quilt show that's coming up this Friday and Saturday. 
I'm putting the binding on the last quilt....binding is not my favorite thing to do at all !
 You've never seen this one, it's a Swoon.
 I've had it pieced for a very long time, but just got it quilted.

In addition to binding, I made 9 quilt labels yesterday....nothing like waiting until the last minute....right ?
I'm taking 3 art quilts- 1.Fonzie #2, 2.The Girl with the World Earring, and 3.Morning Glory Praise.
1 big quilt- 4.Swoon, and also 5.Christmas Dinner, 6.Left-Handers "Git Off", 7.Hole in the Chicken Wire, 8.More Stars in Comanche (the quilt in my blog header) and an 9.antique spiderweb quilt I bought at an auction 25 years ago...which also was just quilt ...by hand ...by a precious 83 year old woman in my bible study class.
I also have a quilt in the bed turning that Ranchman's Mother made. 
You can look at all of them, except the antique one, up in my tabs page..."My Quilts".
Awards are based on viewers choice, except for the Mayor's award...etc.
SEW wish me luck ! I'm gonna need it...
Well I must get busy....it's time to transform the Brownwood Colosseum into a quilt show !
Have a blessed day !